Hot Cheeto Mozzarella Sticks Recipe: One Flamin’ Hot Treat
Cheetos and cheese—sounds like a perfect combination for us! Deep-fried mozzarella sticks are delicious, but have you tried flamin’ hot Cheetos mozzarella sticks? It’s better, spicier, and has that perfect red color for the perfect Instagram shot.
The hot Cheeto mozzarella sticks recipe is not hard at all. But it does need some technique and a suitable frying method to avoid getting the stale chips flavor. Moreover, it also becomes hard to resist a bag of Cheetos.
If you are someone like us who loves cheese and flamin’ hot Cheetos, this is the perfect recipe for you. Learn the best way to make these delicious snacks and be the hero of the party!
How to Make Flamin’ Hot Cheeto Cheese Sticks
The best part about mozzarella sticks is the melty, gooeyness of the cheese. It is the best part because stringy cheese can be seen when you bite into one; kids just love it. Adults are no less fans of it as it serves as a party pleaser and finger food.
Hot Cheeto Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
- 12 Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks
- 3 Large Eggs
- 8.5 oz Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
- ½ cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Ranch for Dipping
- Take the mozzarella sticks and cut them into halves. Now, freeze them in the freezer until you need them.
- Add your bag of Cheetos to the blender or food processor. Crush it down to fine crumbs for better adherence.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, garlic powder, and salt. This is your dry mixture.
- Whisk the eggs properly in a separate bowl. It is better if the dishes are a bit flat.
- Now, in another bowl, pour all the Cheetos crumbs. This is your crumb coating.
- We advise you to have a wet and dry hand for this step. Take your mozzarella sticks and coat them with the flour, then dip them in the egg mixture, and lastly, coat them with the Cheetos crumbs.
- Go back to dipping the sticks in the egg and then in the crumb coat. This will give you an even layer of crunchy deliciousness.
- Do steps 6 and 7 for all the mozzarella sticks and lay them on a baking sheet or parchment paper. Freeze them in the freezer for at least an hour before the next steps.
The following steps are for the baking process.
Making the Hot Cheetos Mozzarella Sticks in an Air Fryer
Step 1: Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Now, give a light spray of cooking oil to the mozzarella sticks, so they don’t stick to each other or the air fryer.
Step 3: Place the mozzarella sticks in the air fryer basket in a single layer with gaps between them. It will help circulate the hot air properly.
Step 4: Now, bake them for 5 to 6 minutes, and you will get golden brown cheese sticks.
Making the Hot Cheetos Mozzarella Sticks by Deep Frying
Step 1: Take a deep skillet or saucepan and pour oil into it. Heat the oil on medium heat until it gets to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Now, take the mozzarella sticks out of the freezer and slowly place them into the oil.
Step 3: Be careful while frying them because they may start cracking and cause a bit of splatter.
Step 4: Fry them until golden brown and place them on paper towels to soak up the extra oil.
Step 5: Now serve them with ranch dressing, mayonnaise, or sauce.
Making the Hot Cheetos Mozzarella Sticks in the Oven
Step 1: Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Lay a baking sheet on an oven-safe baking dish.
Step 3: Now, take the mozzarella sticks out of the freezer and arrange them on the baking sheet. Make sure to keep gaps between each of them.
Step 4: Pop them in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes. You will notice it turning golden, and it is time to take them out.
Step 5: Let them cool for a minute and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Related Article: Smoky Red Pepper Crema Recipe
Other Delicious Mozzarella Sticks Recipes
Mozzarella sticks can be dipped into anything and fried to goodness. But sometimes, these experiments fail and give the cheese a more stale taste than a crispy one.
Still, if you are up for it, we have two great recipes that will blow your mind. One is Takis Mozzarella sticks, and another is Keto Mozzarella sticks. If you are on a keto diet, you should definitely try these!
Takis Mozzarella Sticks
- 1 ½ cups, Spicy Takis (crushed)
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 tbsp, All-Purpose Flour
- 8 Mozzarella String Cheese
- Chopped Parsley
How to make:
- Cut the mozzarella sticks into halves and put them in the freezer to chill.
- Preheat the air fryer for 3 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a food processor to crush the Takis into crumbs. Then, pour them into a flat dish.
- Beat the egg and parsley in a separate dish and mix the flour in another dish.
- Now, your wet and dry mixture is ready, along with your crumb coating.
- Dip the mozzarella sticks in the flour, then the egg, and then the crumbs. Repeat dipping in egg and crumbs to get a more crunchy texture.
- Put them in the air fryer for 10 minutes and flip halfway through.
- Now, take them out and enjoy them hot!
Keto Mozzarella Sticks
The best part of this keto recipe is that there are only 2 grams of carbs per serving.
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tbsp, Dried Italian Herbs (optional)
- ½ cup, Parmesan Cheese
- Part Skim and Low Moisture Mozzarella Cheese – 6 pieces
- 1 ½ cups, Keto Bread Crumbs
- 1 tbsp, Water
How to make:
- Cut the mozzarella sticks into halves and place them in the freezer.
- Add parmesan cheese, pork rinds, keto crumbs, and herbs in a food processor and blend them well to form a powdery mixture.
- Beat the eggs and water in a bowl, pour the flour into another bowl, and pour the bread crumbs into another.
- Now, dip the cheese sticks in flour, egg, and crumbs. Then repeat the egg and crumb coat. Let them chill in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Get a non-stick pan and add some olive oil. Heat it over medium heat, and then fry the mozzarella sticks until golden brown. Flip them after 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place them on paper towels and enjoy!
You may also like: Wingstop Mango Habanero Sauce Recipe
Making mozzarella sticks with hot Cheetos is not a new concept. People have been trying to make this for a long time now. But they usually end up dry, soggy, and stale. That’s why our recipe focuses on giving you that crunch.
If you have tried the recipe, let us know. If you want more content like this, explore our website. Have a fantastic day ahead!