Zucchini bread! If you have never heard of it, you are missing out. Ina Garten is a famous cook who has written many successful cookbooks with yummy recipes. Ina Garten’s zucchini recipe is one of her most favored bread recipes.
Zucchini bread is a nutritious snack for the family as well as a tasty one. Ina Garten, aka Barefoot Contessa, picked out the ingredients masterfully to make zucchini bread scrumptious.
Ina Garten can make any recipe magical, even with simple ingredients. If you didn’t dare to make it till now, we hope you’ll soon hop on the idea of making her signature dish. So, don’t wait any longer and try Barefoot Contessa’s zucchini bread recipe!
How to Make Ina Garten’s Zucchini Bread
Zucchini bread may sound a bit weird to you, but it actually has a sweet, mildly veggie taste to it. However, the warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg with a walnut crunch will totally steal your heart.
This homemade bread is an excellent addition to your dinner or party. Even if you haven’t made apple bread, banana bread, or pumpkin bread, this easy recipe will help you start your bread-making journey. Don’t be afraid to give the recipe a go because this recipe has been tested many times, as Ina Garten has a comprehensive viewer count online and on television.
So, properly follow our leads, and you will soon have delicious zucchini bread.
Ingredients for Barefoot Contessa Zucchini Bread Recipe
For this recipe, all you need is the following:
- 1 teaspoon, Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon, Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon, Nutmeg
- 2 ⅓ teaspoons, Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon, Ground Cloves
- 1 teaspoon, Salt
- 3 cups, All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups, Granulated Sugar
- 2 ½ cups, Shredded Zucchini
- ½ cup, Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup, Softened Butter or Melted Butter
- 1 tablespoon, Vanilla
- 3 Large Eggs
Related Article: Buffalo Wild Wings Dry Rub Recipe
Instructions to Make Barefoot Contessa Zucchini Bread Recipe
Step 1: Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: You will need two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans. Grease the bottoms of the pans generously with butter. It will help you get your bread out of the pans effortlessly.
Step 3: Take a medium mixing bowl and sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground cloves, and nutmeg. Use a whisk to combine everything.
Step 4: Now, take a large mixing bowl and add butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Use a beater on low speed to combine the mixture until smooth. Scrape down the sides at times to get consistent results.
Step 5: Then, start adding your flour mixture to your wet mixture and beating it. Combine everything in small portions and beat until the combination gives a doughy mixture.
Step 6: Add the walnuts and zucchini. You can mix them with your hands or a silicone spatula.
Step 7: Divide the batter into two loaf pans and spread it evenly.
Step 8: Bake the zucchini bread batter for 50 to 55 minutes. Please don’t open the oven door halfway, as it will cause the hot air to escape.
Step 9: After the baking time passes, use a toothpick or a cake tester to insert into the bread. If it comes out clean, then your bread is done.
Step 10: Take the bread out and rest it on a cooling rack.
Step 11: After a couple of minutes of cooking, take the bread loaf out of the pans and serve.
Some Tips & Tricks
- Refrain from packing your measuring cup with flour. Gently sift out the flour and aerate it. Then scoop out the amount you need.
- Do not overbake your bread because it will become hard and crunchy.
- If your bread has gone flat in the middle, you either didn’t give it enough time to bake or your baking powder has expired.
- Use nuts, dried fruits, or raisins in the mixture if you want. It will make it tastier.
- You must let your bread cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Otherwise, it will break while you are trying to take it out.
- Bread recipe requires accuracy, so don’t over add or skip out on the essential ingredients in this recipe.
Must Try Additional Zucchini Bread Recipes
Ina Garten’s zucchini recipes are incredible and noteworthy. If you liked hers, you might want to try other zucchini bread recipes that will also blow your mind. We have tried them all and let our family be the judge. They loved every single one of the recipes and enjoyed it with some butter on top.
Try out these other recipes by Paula Deen and Joanne Gaine for zucchini bread. You won’t be disappointed!
Paula Deen Zucchini Bread Recipe
Paula Deen says this zucchini bread recipe is her go-to recipe for breakfast or snacks. The difficulty is medium, though. Don’t worry about the prep time because any bread will take you about an hour or so to bake. But it can serve 10 people.
- 4 Large Beaten Eggs
- 2 cups, Grated Zucchini
- 1 cup, Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- 3 cups, Sugar
- 3 ¼ cups, All-Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup, Water
- 1 cup, Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp, Baking Soda
- 1 ½ tsp, Salt
- 1 tsp, Ground Nutmeg and Cinnamon
- 1 tsp, Fresh Lemon Juice
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a large bowl and sift your dry ingredients, like flour, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Mix your eggs, oil, water, lemon juice, and shredded zucchini in another bowl.
- Slowly and in small portions, combine the wet ingredients with the dry mixture.
- Don’t forget to fold in the walnuts or pecans using a silicone spatula afterward.
- You will need two standard bread loaf pans. Spray it down with some cooking spray and pour in the doughy batter into the pans. Spread the mixture evenly.
- Bake the loaves of bread for an hour and check afterward with a tester or toothpick.
- Instead of baking two giant bread loaves, you can also make five mini loaves. These will take you about 45 minutes to bake.
Joanne Gaine’s Zucchini Bread Recipe
Joanne Gaine is a talented interior designer who has also left a giant footprint in the baking world. Her zucchini bread recipe is moist and just perfectly spiced. She swears by serving this delicious zucchini bread topped with peanut butter. And we agree! It does enhance all the flavors.
- 3 cups, All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups, Granulated Sugar
- 1 ¼ cups, Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup, Chopped or Crushed Walnuts
- 2 Medium Zucchinis, Shredded to make 3 cups
- 2 tsp, Baking Powder
- 1 tsp, Baking Soda
- 2 tsp, Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp, Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp, Vanilla
- 4 Large Eggs
How to make:
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You will need one 9 x 9-inch loaf pan. Generously grease the baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine your vegetable oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Then set it aside.
- Now, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add your flour mixture to the wet mixture in portions. Then, stir everything to combine. Do this until all the flour mixture is combined with the wet ingredients.
- Zucchinis are full of water. So, take a paper towel and squeeze the shredded zucchini using it. This will remove any excess water.
- Now gently fold in the zucchini and walnuts to the bread mixture.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and pop it in the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, and use a toothpick to check if it is ready.
- Take the pan out and rest it on a cooling wire rack. Let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Then, take it out, slice a few loaves of that yummy zucchini bread and serve it with peanut butter.
You may also like: Ruth’s Chris Stuffed Chicken Recipe
A Bread Ending
Bread is a staple breakfast food item. It goes great with butter, spreads, jams, or eggs. They come in different shapes and sizes but yet taste divine. You can quickly toast them, make them into sandwiches, or make french toast. The possibilities are just endless!
That is why we loved sharing the popular zucchini bread recipes with you. Trust us; even if you haven’t baked bread before, you will want to bake this! Although the cooks say the recipe is of medium difficulty, we think you can make the perfect loaf with a bit of guidance.